Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 2

I've survived week 2 of training! A month ago I was not a runner, and now running has become part of my daily routine. If I do not run, my day seems incomplete! I never thought I would be able to say that!
I ran my first 10k this week, the BolderBoulder. It was a lot of fun, and I was pretty pleased with my finishing time of about 1:06. It was great to know I can do 6.2 miles... only 20 more to tack on and I will have completed a marathon! Yikes!
I have also noticed that running has consumed me! So I am apologizing now to my poor friends who have to hear about my running day in and day out. Bear with me! I think I will need you to remind me of this enthusiasm come my 15-20 mile runs.
Thanks for reading & for your support!

Here are some pictures of my running partner and I at the BolderBoulder. Without her, I am not sure I could accomplish my goal of 26.2. Thanks Stacey!




Stacey and I at the starting line!

Running like girls...


We did it!! We finished!

No comments: