Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 3

Well, still running like crazy. Mileage is increasing and I am feeling pretty good! I am feeling more and more like a "runner" each day. The "runner's high" has definitely become an addiction. I have a hard time not running, even on rest days! Fundraising has kicked off quite nicely as well. Thank you again for the generous donations! I could not do this without you!


My running partner, Stacey, and I have signed up for another road race! We enjoyed the BolderBOULDER so much that we decided to run the Rocky Mountain Woman's 8K on Sunday, June 8th. I can not believe I am this excited about running! Wish me luck!


Stacey and I jumped on the fundraising train and headed to Wal-Mart. Sunday, June 1st was National Cancer Survivors Day, so we decided to do some bucket fundraising. We did surprisingly well and we are hoping Wal-Mart will match the donations received. Many people were very willing to donate anything from spare change to $10.00 to borrow the cell phone! We may try doing that again soon.


I have also collected a lot of money for Stacey and I's fundraising pub crawl! On June 28th, a mob of supporters will be crawling around downtown Denver, drinking for a cure. I would like to thank Lori, Bryn, Gin, Zach, Krystal, Liz, Brandt, Jude, Morgan, Dubz, Jared, Steve, Natalie, Andy, Heather and Matt for getting their payment in already! I am hoping to add more names to this list in the next few days!


Until next time!



The fundraising table at Wal-Mart!




4 comments:

Kate S. said...

Great job! You're kicking some serious fundraising ass for a WONDERFUL cause!

Keep it up :)

Love,
Your TNT mentor!

Erin said...

You guys are soooo cute! I think we should call you a Running Nerd!

Chelsea said...

I am totally a running nerd... I am not sure what has come over me. But I hope it lasts through Oct. 19th!!

Jenn C said...

I'm so glad that I checked up on this, I totally forgot that you were blogging. Looks like everything is coming together. Remember that I suggest someone running with you at mile 22 that's when I hit the wall and believe you need that extra push and new energy. I sooo wish I could make it out there for you. Looks like your having a lot of fun doing it! Hope to talk to you soon..Stronger than yesterday! Love ya Jenn