Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week 6 & 7

Hello family and friends! Thank you again for checking in and keeping updated on my training. It has become such a huge and important part of my life, and I truly appreciate your support. Last week, week 6, was my first 7 mile run. I was very nervous as my running partner, Stacey, has been out with a knee injury and I was going to have to run it without her. Lucky for me, I run those brutal long runs with the TEAM on Saturday mornings and I DID IT! I was so excited to run 7 miles! Soon enough, a 7 miler will be a short run. Hard to believe!

Week 7 was a lighter mileage week for us. I only had to run about 3 miles Mon-Thurs with a 6 mile run for the long run. It was a nice and cool morning, and it was the easiest 6 mile run ever! Not that I have run 6 miles many times, but it felt really good this morning. I could have kept going... but I am happy to stick with the training schedule.

Tonight is the fundraising pub crawl that Stacey and I have organized! I have recruited many of my wonderful friends to come out and support the cause. We will be crawling around Denver in green and purple drinking for a cure! I will be sure to get some pictures up! Thanks again for all of your support!!

No comments: