Thursday, June 12, 2008

Week 4

Wow, it is hard to believe it has been four weeks! I am enjoying ALMOST every minute of training... I could live without the aches and pains in my muscles... but hey, it's got to be better than chemo!

On Saturday I finally got to meet my team hero's, Sharon and Allison! What an inspiration they were! Sharon had mentioned she walked the San Fran marathon last year and it was one of the most amazing experiences in her life. I can not wait to feel what she felt. These two lovely ladies truly are hero's. It was great to finally meet them!


Allison, Sharon and I

Stacey and I ran our 8K race in Denver this past weekend. It started out a little rough with our late start in the morning and then we had trouble getting there due to the roads being blocked off for the races. We ended up running TO the race, which added an extra mile and a half to our run. We managed to get to the start line about 2 minutes before the race began, had time for a quick stretch and we were running again! Not quite what I was hoping to do, but it worked out. We finished in about 51 minutes, and it was fun to get out and do another race! (Why I think it is FUN to get up and run on a Sunday morning... I don't know, but I do!) We even had a few friends out to cheer us on! Thanks to Lori, Bryn, Mike and Turner! It was great to see familiar faces at the finish!


Stacey and I ran in our new TEAM shirts!


I think it motivates me to run harder...

I am off to Michigan for a wedding and will spend most of week 5 running at sea level!!! Pretty excited about that! Thanks for reading!

More race pictures!!



Finish line!



Lori and I at the expo.


Lori and Bryn
(They made an awesome cheering section!)


Tuner and Mike
(Not only did they watch us at the finish, Mike also drove us to and from the race. Thanks again!)

No comments: